The VLN, is an organisation of motorsport clubs of which each hosts one event of a ten-race series held on the Nürburgring Nordschleife, the “VLN Langstreckenmeisterschaft Nürburgring” (VLN Endurance Racing Championship Nürburgring).
Participants of VLN races range from amateurs in small road legal cars with rollcages and harnesses to professional factory teams racing GT3 cars. The VLN series is closely associated with the 24 Hours Nürburgring, as it has similar rules (mostly), and mainly the same participants. In the calendar, several weeks around the 24h date in May/June are taken off to allows teams to prepare for the 24h, and to fix their cars afterwards. The 24h is not part of the championship anymore, though.
Porsche 997 GT3-R
- Vehicle: Falken Motorsport Porsche 911 GT3 R
- Engine: 4.0 litre six-cylinder Boxer naturally aspirated engine
- Output: 386 kW / 525 HP
- Transmission: sequential six-gear transmission with steering column gear shift
- Bodywork: Regulations-compliant, self-supporting chassis made from hot dip galvanised steel (GT3 RS base), racing aerodynamics outer, weight-optimised
- Weight: approx. 1,300 kg
- Power-weight ratio: 2.47 kg / HP (3.36 kg / kW)
TYRES & WHEELS
- Single-piece, forged alloy wheels in 11J x 18″ offset 35 with 290/660R18 tyres (front)
- Single-piece, forged alloy wheels in 13J x 18″ offset 12.5 with 330/710R18 tyres (rear)